Nothing compares to a fresh homemade beef burger! It’s juicy and irresistibly delicious to serve for lunch or dinner.
1. Place the minced beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion with your hands into a patty (about 10cm in diameter and 1.5cm thick).
3. Place the patties onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, in another nonstick pan, place the hamburger buns and toast for 1 minute on each side.
6. To assemble, place the patties on the first half of the buns. Top with cheese slices. Put the sliced tomato and shredded lettuce on the other half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. For the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients and serve in a small sauce dish beside the burger.
Note: chilling the patties will help them hold together when cooked. This also allows the flavors in the patties to blend and develop. If you chill the patties for any longer, you should slightly increase the cooking time.