A quick and easy dessert made of a vanilla cake stuffed with mascarpone cheese and a hint of orange flavor! Serves as a great birthday cake!
1. Bake the vanilla cake mix as per the instructions on the package.
2. Cut the cake horizontally into two layers.
3. Place first layer on serving dish and pour some sugar syrup over it until moist.
4. In a separate bowl stir mascarpone cheese until soft and flavor with grated orange zest.
5. Apply a layer of cheese & orange zest mixture over the first layer.
6. Cover with the second layer of cake.
7. Heat orange marmalade with 2 teaspoons of water and let cool.
8. Spread the orange mixture on the cake and garnish with fresh orange slices.