Stuffed Grape leaves are often served as part of the traditional meze, but in this recipe, they are filled with minced meat to make a great main dish.
1. In a bowl, put onions, garlic, parsley, mint, green onions, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, brown rice and pine nuts. Add salt, pepper, crushed coriander, cumin, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Place a grape leaf with the veiny part facing up and the shiny side down. Place about 1½ Tbsp. of rice mixture onto the center of each grape leaf in a horizontal line. Fold the two opposite points of leaf over the filling. Fold the sides in. Roll up the leaf tightly.
3. Repeat with the remaining grape leaves.
4. Wipe a large sauce pan with olive oil. Line the bottom with the potato slices. Arrange the stuffed grape leaves without leaving a space between them. Top with lemon slices.
5. Gently add water until it reaches the middle of the top row of grape leaves. Cover the whole with a layer of unstuffed leaves.
6. Place a plate on top of the grape leaves to weigh them down. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Turn the heat down to very low and cook for an hour and 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stuffed grape leaves rest for 25 minutes then serve.
Note: You can add minced meat to the filling.