Satisfy your appetite with this exquisite shredded BBQ chicken sandwich recipe!
This easy and mouthwatering dish is full of flavour and can be made in a few minutes. It’s sweet and tangy in the best way possible.
Pulled chicken sandwiches can be perfect whether you’re hosting a barbecue or just craving a delicious sandwich. Try American Garden’s delightful original BBQ sauce and tomato ketchup to boost the flavour and add a unique touch to your meal.
For a filling dinner, you can serve this bbq pulled chicken sandwich on top of a baked potato, or over some fresh greens.
Don’t miss this recipe!
1. Heat grill to 200°C. In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients and set aside.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and thoroughly season both sides with the rub. Chill until ready to grill or cook right away.
3. Place the chicken on the prepared grill and cook until cooked through, flipping once or twice. While grilling, keep the cover closed.
4. Allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes before shredding it.
5. Prepare the sauce while the chicken is cooking, or even before. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the diced onion and cook, often stirring, until the onion is tender and translucent.
6. Stir in chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir in American Garden’s Original BBQ sauce and American Garden’s ketchup, lemon juice, and molasses.
7. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
8. Stir in the pulled chicken to the sauce. Top toasted buns with chicken mixture and, if desired, coleslaw. Yum! It is just that good!