Try this traditional dish from the Malaysian cuisine, prepared with noodles, chicken and spices. It’s balanced and fulfilling for lunch or dinner.
1. Add noodles to boiled salted water and cook until soft. Don’t overcook (follow the package’s instruction).
2. Put the paste ingredients in a food processor or mortar and blend until well combined. Keep aside.
3. Heat a wok or a large frying pan on medium heat, add oil and spread it all over the pan. Add onion, carrot and green pepper. Stir-fry for a minute or two. Add the paste and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
4. Add the chicken and curry powder and cook for 2 additional minutes. Stir in the boiled noodles.
5. Toss with hot sauce, soy sauce and a dash of white vinegar. Adjust the seasoning as desired. Finally add spring onions and toss.
6. Serve hot with American Garden Ketchup (optional).
If you are using dried noodles make sure to rinse in cold water after boiling to keep them from sticking.