This is an excellent Italian pasta sauce recipe made with ground beef and tons of vegetables that will please all the family.
1. To prepare Bolognese sauce, place a large pan on a medium high heat. Pour olive oil, sliced beef bacon and oregano. Cook, stirring consistently, until the bacon is lightly golden.
2. Add carrots, leeks and celery and stir every 30 seconds for around 3-4 minutes or until softened and lightly colored.
3. Pour in minced meat, breaking it up with the spoon or with a whisk.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Cook for 15-18 minutes until the meat is cooked over.
5. Before removing Bolognese sauce from heat add finely grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the chopped basil, thyme and rosemary leaves.