American Garden’s Hot & Spicy breadcrumbs add a zing to these golden crunchy deep-fried chicken pieces. Everyone will keep asking you for more!
1. In a chopper, combine garlic, oregano leaves, 3 tsp. of salt and 2 tsp. of white pepper; process until garlic is finely minced. Add the bread crumbs, lemon zest and olive oil. Pulse a few times then pour mixture in a large dish.
2. Season chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper, then cover with mustard.
3. Coat with the crumb mixture. Press gently to make sure the crumbs adhere.
4. Heat enough oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken pieces until golden on all sides.
5. Remove from heat and put on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
6. For Serving: In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup.