Fish and chips is a English common dish made from crispy fried fish fillets and fries. An all-time kid favorite meal.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, corn flour and baking powder. Season lightly with salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice. Keep mixture aside.
2. Place the chips into a colander and rinse under cold running water.
3. Place the washed chips into a pan of hot water, bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes. Drain carefully through a colander then dry with kitchen paper. Keep in the fridge covered with kitchen paper until needed.
4. Heat the oil at 180°C in a deep fryer or a large saucepan.
5. Put flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs each in a separate bowl. Dip the fish fillet in flour, egg and finally breadcrumbs.
6. Fry the breaded fish until cooked then drain on kitchen paper. Cover with greaseproof paper and keep hot. Using the same oil, fry the potato until crispy and serve.
Serve Hot with American Garden Horseradish Sauce or American Garden Mustard Sauce.