Our version of this Italian classic combines beef bacon and ground meat with American Garden’s delicious pasta sauce, to be served over spaghetti. Rich and delicious, this Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is definitely a keeper!
1. To prepare Bolognese sauce, place a large pan on a medium high heat. Pour olive oil, sliced beef bacon and oregano. Cook, stirring consistently, until the bacon is lightly golden.
2. Add carrots, leeks and celery and stir every 30 seconds for around 3-4 minutes or until softened and lightly colored.
3. Pour in minced meat, breaking it up with the spoon or with a whisk.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Cook for 15-18 minutes until the meat is cooked over.
5. Before removing Bolognese sauce from heat add finely grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the chopped basil, thyme and rosemary leaves.
6. Bring water and salt to boil in a pan. Add pasta and cook for 7 min. Strain and leave aside.
7. Heat olive oil in a pan. Pour pasta sauce and 1 cup Bolognese sauce. Cook until hot then add pasta and cook for 2 additional minutes.
8. Stir mixture until well combined then sprinkle with dry basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.